There was once a river so beautiful that all the animals came to drink from it. One day a giant moose came to this river.
“He’s so big!” cried out a beaver named Barney.
“Even bigger than Big Bear,” added Betty, another beaver.
“He sure is thirsty,” noticed Marty, a muskrat/ մշկառնետ/.
“He’s drinking so much that the river is going down!” yelled Mary, another muskrat.
The animals grew worried.
“Our beaver dams will be destroyed,” warned Barney.
“And we’ll have no water to drink,” said Mary.
Big Bear, who had been listening to the whole time said, “Let’s meet tonight and plan how to get rid of this pest.“
“Count me in!” added Fly.
All the animals laughed at Fly. How was such a tiny creature going to help?
As the sky grew dark, Fly joined the others on the riverbank.
“So, what’s the plan?” he asked.
Barney started by saying, “I will gnaw on that moose’s legs until he runs away.“
“But he’ll kick you with his big strong hooves!”, warned Betty.
“Oh,” said Barney. “I didn’t think of that.”
“We need another plan,” both muskrats said at the same time.
“I am the strongest,” said Big Bear. “I’ll fight that moose.”
“But the moose is twice your size!” said Fly.
The beavers and muskrats all said to Fly, “Be quiet. You are the weakest of all.”
The next morning, Bear was worried. Was Fly right? Was the moose truly twice his size?
“Bear hurry!” said the muskrats.
But Big Bear did not move.
“I’m… I’m… scared,” he replied.
“Maybe we should try my plan,” Fly admitted. But all the other animals just laughed at Fly.
So, Fly flew onto the moose’s back. Holding on tightly, he bit the moose as hard as he could.
“Ouch!” cried the moose.
Fly flew up and bit the moose’s ear.
“Stop it!” the moose yelled.
“I’ll never stop,” said Fly, as he flew around and bit the moose on its leg.
The moose was unable to stop Fly, so he turned and ran. The animals never saw him again.
That night, the beavers made fish stew. The muskrats danced a special dance in honour of Fly.
“Hooray for Fly!” they all sang.
“You see,” began Fly, “even the weakest animal can beat the strongest if he uses his brain.”
- Տեքստի ընդգծված նախադասությունները դարձրու հարցական և ժխտական:
One day a giant moose came to this river.
Հարցական-Did one day a giant moose come to this river?
Ժխտական-A giant moose didn’t come to this river one day.
All the animals laughed at Fly.
Հարցական-Did all the animals laugh at Fly?
Ժխտական-All the animals didn’t laugh at Fly.
I will gnaw on that moose’s legs until he runs away.
Հարցական-Will I gnaw on that moose’s legs until he runs away?
Ժխտական-I won’t gnaw on that moose’s legs until he runs away.
We need another plan.
Հարցական-Do we need another plan?
Ժխտական-We don’t need another plan.
I am the strongest.
Հարցական-Am I the strongest?
Ժխտական-I am not the strongest.
The moose is twice your size.
Հարցական-Is the moose twice your size?
Ժխտական-The moose isn’t twice your size.
The moose was unable to stop Fly.
Հարցական-Was the moose unable to stop Fly?
Ժխտական-The moose was not unable to stop Fly.
The animals never saw him again.
Հարցական-Did the animals ever see him again?
Ժխտական-The animals didn’t ever see him again.
- Կապույտով նշված բառերը թարգմանիր:
Tiny creature-շատ փոքր արարած
Holding on tightly-պինդ բռնվելով
In honour of Fly–ճանճի պատվին
- Տեքստից դուրս գրիր ածականները` beautiful
Beautiful, giant, big, thirsty, tiny, dark, strong, quiet, weakest, hard, unable, special.
- Why didn’t the other animals think Fly’s plan would work?
a) Bear was too scared.
b) Fly was too small.
c) The moose was too fast.
d) Fly had a broken wing.
2) What problem was the moose causing?
a) He was destroying the animals’ homes.
b) He was being mean to the animals.
c) He was drinking too much water.
d) He was eating all their food.
3) Which line from the story shows that Fly is determined (strong-minded)?
a) “I’ll never stop.”
b) “Hooray for Fly!”
c) “But the moose is twice your size!”
d) “So, what’s the plan?”
4) Fly is the smallest animal in the story. In what way is he the strongest? Explain
Fly is the smallest but the strongest animal in the story becouse he was strong minded and he was not afraid of the big moose. Olso he used is brain to beat the moose.
5) What was the moose doing that made the animals call him a pest?
He was drinking to much water.
6. How Fly Saved the River
Fly flew onto the moose’s back. Holding on tightly, he bit the moose as hard as he could.
- Տեքստից դուրս գրիր մակբայերը՝ beautifuly
Truly, tightly, hard.
- Ին՞չ կենդանիներ կան տեքստում, դուրս գրիր, ին՞չ հետաքրքիր փաստեր գիտես կենդանիների մասին, համացանցից դուրս հանիր և պատրաստիր ռադիո նյութ հետևյալ վերնագրերով՝ <<Do you know?>> կամ <<It is intersting to know>>
Moose-It is intersting to know that moose is the largest species in the deer family.
Beaver-Do you know that beavers build natural dams on rivers and streams, and build their homes (known as “lodges”) in the resulting pond. They are famously busy, and they turn their talents to reengineering the landscape.
Fly-It is intersting to know that most flies live less then a year. Gauromydas heros, with a length of up to 7 cm (2.8 in), is the largest fly in the world, while the smallest is Euryplatea nanaknihali, which at 0.4 mm (0.016 in) is smaller than a grain of salt.
Muskrats-Do you know that muskrats spend most of their time in the water and are excellent swimmers. They can stay submerged for up to 20 minutes and swim as fast as 5 kilometers (3.1 miles) per hour and can even swim backwards.
- Ընտրիր ճիշտ տարբերակը
- Տեղադրիր a, an, some, any
- Please get some bread from the baker’s.
2. We need some money to buy a present for mother’s Birthday.
3. Dad, there are some letters for you.
4. There aren’t any books on the shelf.
5. It is an elephant.
6. Thanks a lot. Can I have some water first?
7. It is a very interesting story about animals.
- Կարդա հետևյալ տեղեկությունները կենդանիների մասին և ընտրիր, թե յուրաքանչյուր հատվածը որ կենդանու մասին է՝ cat, dog, hamster, lizard, fish, parrot
- It is a good friend. Takes it out for walks every day. Feed it meat and give it water to drink.
It is a dog
2. It needs an aquarium to swim. Change the water and clean the quarium regulary. Feed your pet special food once a day.
It is a fish
3. It needs a warm house. It needs rocks and plants to climb on. Feed it insects, spiders, mice or rats and give it water to drink.
It is a lizard
4. It is very friendly and likes to play outside. It sleeps a lot and needs a quiet and warm place to rest. Feed it special biscuits, meat or fish and water to drink.
It is a cat
5. It needs a cage where it can run around and a box to sleep in. Feed your pet seeds, nuts, fruit and vegetables and give water to drink.
It is a hamster
6. It needs a big cage. Don’t forget to clean the cage. Pet your pet fly outside the cage regularly. Feed your pet seeds and give water to drink
It is a parrot